Thursday 5 June 2014

How Microsoft has impacted your life and how you plan to bring a change to the society being a Microsoft Student Associate?


" I think it’s fair to say that personal computers have become the most empowering tool we've ever created. They're tools of communication,they're tools of creativity, and they can be shaped by their user. "
           - Bill Gates


From a small, private business, to a huge, global corporation, Microsoft has changed and shaped the world which no one would have imagined 40 years ago. Having booming success, Microsoft has become the world’s leading producer of computer software.

Microsoft is the company which with its simplistic GUI has made PC’s easy to use and popular and hence has put a PC on every desk and in every home. By shifting the value in computing to software, Microsoft commoditized computing hardware and made computing accessible to the masses. It is Microsoft which bought technology and people closer with its constant innovations and user friendly interface. It has made a huge impact on not only consumer electronics but among all other sectors be it banks, schools, hospitals, aviation, media, communication and what not.



How Microsoft has impacted my life:-


As a student in my primary school, it was really fascinating to see how fun and exciting a computer can be. The first computer application I ever used was MS Paint and immediately was bewitched by it. It was its simplicity and its user friendly graphical interface which was as simple as just clicking a button got me excited and this built curiosity in me to know more about it.

Eventually I taught myself to use MS office which I think is the most powerful tool for a student. MS Word allowed me to make my projects more colourful and attractive. Then I started learning about MS PowerPoint, it bought an all new dimension in education and teaching. With its animations and its compatibility with multimedia it soon became a substitution for classroom teaching. Teachers used PowerPoint presentation to explain theorems like newton’s law, electromagnetic law, etc. The animations helped me to understand the subject in depth and the concepts behind it. 

Further in my high school, when I had to make a documentary, I used Microsoft picture manager to edit pictures and it was Microsoft movie maker that I used to edit the video clips, arrange them and transform them into a beautiful documentary. 

Huge technological changes were taking place in tech industry, by introduction of apps in mobile platform. And Microsoft releasing its new OS window 8, with its new and amazing UI, I was totally blown away. I was awe struck by the way it seamlessly integrated all its technologies to give an awesome user experience. Experiencing all of this I decide to pursue my college studies in Computer Science, so as to contribute to this fascinating and exciting technological future.

After joining college I started to learn about app development and soon as a Nokia Student developer started to build apps. I also learnt how to use Windows azure which I used for building, deploying and managing applications and services through a global network of Microsoft-managed data centers. Microsoft has numerous number of products such as visual studios for developers like me. 

Recently Microsoft came up with MEC (Massively Empowered Classroom) classes which are integrated with my academic syllabus and they teach the practical applications of various concepts such as Algorithms. I am a huge fan of its Operating system, every new OS brought new, advanced, simple tools.

I was always awe stuck with the new technologies that Microsoft would come up with like brand new platform in gaming, it introduced wireless and hands free gaming with the help of Kinect and Xbox. It is very fascinating to see Microsoft venturing in technology like smart phones and wearable technology with its windows phone OS. With integration of Nokia, Microsoft has come up with Cortana, one of the best voice assistant.


Being a Microsoft Student Associate:-


Being an MSA I would make people aware about various Microsoft products such as azure, visual studios, app development related to office apps, windows apps and windows phone apps. I will conduct Hackathons on using Microsoft Api’s, developing new applications in Visual Studios. I will conduct workshops on game development and Windows 8. I will call experts/Microsoft developers to talk on the specific topic on Microsoft technologies.

I will be more active on social media like writing more blogs on Microsoft, creating Facebook group to inform people about various events begin organized by Microsoft. I would share my knowledge with the like-minded. With the network I have, I will reach out to both students and teachers. I will encourage college authorities to use Microsoft cloud, "azure".


The one thing I like the most about Microsoft is that it nurtures young talent and brings out the best in them. Microsoft organizes various events like MOS, Yappon, MTA, MSP and MSA. From the bottom of my Heart I thank Microsoft for giving me this wonderful opportunity to share my story with the World.




No comments:

Post a Comment